Followers

Friday, April 08, 2005

So much seems to contradict itself

Who was I at school, joker, bully, pet, coward? Sensitive and brutal is how I grew at school.
You can not truly 'play' in the playground, but you can learn about life outside and how to survive it. In my opinion truancy should be encouraged by all self proclaimed reformers. And revolutionaries beware! The children safeguard their play in the brutal nursery.

I walk passed my old primary school, 16yrs. old, fresh out of that "hell hole" My younger brother is 6, he is sitting on his own on a wall at the edge of the playground. To me he looks friendless, lost, just sitting there, moving his feet in the dust. "Run through the gates and hold him" I'm sure a voice inside is telling me, but I have learnt not to listen too well.
Swallowing lumps of you is hard, it hurts after a while.

1 comment:

jonasen said...

oh-yes.yes. to have a younger brother. the yearning to hold him, keep him safe. i know this. my brother is everything to me.