Followers

Saturday, December 15, 2007

TAKEN IN


No one came around today
no bad tempered poets
no well meaning critics
come to label, categorize
and differentiate the bloomings of my genius
Come to tell me what current trend of poetry
my words belong to
that i need to draw some inspiration
form my dislikes into something

You breached my security
my mine field of buried precaution
everything was turned upside down
i lay out my body for feasts of entertainment

A beautiful disruption came swirling into my life
turned everything upside down
scattered things around the bedroom floor
wore my clothes, danced, skipped, laughed
eyes sparkled, gave out love and speculums

Your hands spoke a language beyond translation
i swallowed your breath it burns inside of me still
When will the dust settle?
When will this hollowness be filled?
Is your power to attract totally unknown to you?
i was held between hot teeth
my flesh still tingles
as i run my fingers along my neck and shoulders
the calf of my leg
These searing inscriptions are fading fast
You wrote a poem on my paper skin
you softly touched the surface
Inside you engraved feelings and memories
that i shall carry with me

No comments: