Followers

Thursday, June 01, 2006

FOUND PHOTO OF THE WEEK: THE BAND



I found this in a used copy of Three Essays on the Theory on Sexuality by Sigmund Freud.
It's dated on the back March 1982. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and how desperately I wanted to be in a punk band, me and my bestfriend had been planning this for a while. The name was going to be Seven Year Delay, we'd read somewhere that was how long it took for toxic waste to start leaking out of a sealed barrel, we wrote lots of lyrics, I even bought a guitar a one point, but the dream never happen...the adult world was already making it's demands... and having a record collection that contained just one musical genre, reflected the narrow limitations of the 'Punk Movement', in a sense we had out grown it..but it had helped us grow, helped us to change, to become aware and sensitive and for that reason I will always consider myself 'Punk'.

No comments: