Followers

Monday, March 14, 2005

Value chances when they come your way

I hardly ever talk; words seem such a waste and they are none of them true. No one has yet invented a language from my point of view. Human life or heroin life? I've tried them both: and I don't regret having chosen as I did. (You can't argue with the choice of the soul) Of coarse if you count time by years, you're very likely right, but what have the calculations of astronomers to do with the life of the soul. Before I started heroin year followed year and nothing worthwhile happened. It was like a child scribbling in a ledger. Now that I got into the heroin life, a minute or an hour- I don't know which and I don't care- contains more real life than any five years period in my unregenerate days. You talk of death, why shouldn't you? It's perfectly right for you. You animals have to die and you know it. But I am very far from sure that I shall ever die; and I'm as indifferent to that idea as I am to any other.

No comments: